Women for Decency Is Now
Abuse Victim Fund
Make a Donation
Apply for Assistance
Our Current Focus
We now focus on helping the women who are victims of their husband’s lies, emotional abuse and sexual coercion get qualified online services.
Women Need Your Support
Women For Decency (now Abuse Victim Fund) was founded to educate and mobilize women to protect families and communities from the pitfalls of pornography. Since 2001, the organization has evolved in a variety of ways, and many organizations have developed that now focus on different aspects the original mission. We still mobilize women to protect families and communities by collaborating with the following organizations.
- The National Center on Sexual Exploitation addresses the public health crisis of pornography and exposes the links between all forms of sexual exploitation.
- White Ribbon Week programs build confident and resilient children who make conscious, positive choices in media and technology.
- Educate & Empower Kids empowers families to create connections by providing resources that encourage conversation, activities and quality time.
Accomplishments and Endeavors
- Created The Cover it Up Campaign: Worked with Utah Retailers Association, Borders and Smiths to enforce present community standards requiring businesses to put hard plastic opaque covers on soft-porn magazines.
- In 2001, Women For Decency helped create the Utah Coalition Against Pornography (UCAP), and has continued to help organize and find volunteers for UCAP since it was founded. UCAP is now the world’s largest yearly anti-pornography conference. Several members of Women For Decency have served as board members, including Janalyn Holt, Board Member, Advisory Council Chair; Judy Cox and Angela Page, UCAP Advisory Council.
- Created S.P.E.A.K. model for women to use to discuss concerns about pornographic material with business owners.
- Initiated Child Internet Protection Act HB341 (2004) making Utah the first state to ensure “public use” computers are filtered prior to receiving state funding.
- Service on Utah Family Action Coalition Team (FACT) at the Utah State Capitol from 2012 – 2016.
- Instituted White Ribbon Week in Utah public schools (2001-2015), promoted by PTAs in each school. This week focuses on education of children and parents in safe media use.
- Produced a short video Pornography Is A Big Problem for YouTube to raise awareness.
- Worked with Deseret Book and UCAP to produce the DVD Pornography, The Great Lie helping families combat the problem of pornography.
- Sponsored Protecting Children and Families Conference for three years which then transitioned to UCAP.
- Involved in having PAC-SUN remove illicit merchandise from all Utah stores.
- Worked with other groups to have Utah City Councils pass a “Family Friendly Ordinance.”
- Organized a youth rally at the Utah State capitol for two years. This rally encouraged youth to sign a pledge against pornography.
- For four years, organized a traveling assembly in conjunction with Jan Brady, performed by high school students for children at the elementary school level called Protect Their Minds.
- Promoted Pummel Pornography 5k and raised awareness that boys AND girls are using pornography.
- Participated in North Fulton County, GA United Way THRIVE Planning Meetings on Well-Being of Children.
- Organized Shine the Light on Pornography: Atlanta, including Fight the New Drug parent presentation at Johns Creek High School.
- Organized a library Initiative for Protect Young Minds.